- March 6, 2018
- Posted by: Shuraa Tax Consultant
- Category: VAT - Value Added Tax in UAE
Commercial entities and businesses in Dubai as well as across the United Arab Emirates need to record their monetary transactions and economical proceeding. After the implementation of VAT in UAE from January 2018, all companies must make sure that their financial records are accurate and up-to-date as per the Federal Tax Authority.
VAT registration in UAE is done through the Federal Tax Authority (FTA). To get the tax registration number (TRN), companies in UAE need to register for VAT at the FTA portal. Moreover, companies that meet the minimum annual turnover are required to register for VAT in UAE – in order to charge VAT; to reclaim any VAT paid on business-related goods or services and keep a range of business records which will allow the government to check the tax liability.
Nevertheless, there is a proper procedure to register for VAT and various documentations are required for a company to get VAT registration in Dubai -UAE.
Here are the documents required for VAT registration in Dubai:
- Business Trade License or Commercial License copies
- Passport copies of the owner or partners of the company mentioned on the license
- Emirates ID of the owners/ partners of companies (as per the business license)
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Complete Company Address
- Company Representative Contact. a point-of-contact from the company with email, number, and other contact details.
- Company Bank Details including IBAN
- Details other commercial entities of the owners/partners (if any)
- The income statement for the last 12 months (Signed & Stamped by the owner or the manager)
- Amount of the expected revenue, turnover, and expense for the next 30 days after VAT implementation
- To specify if any kind of export or import activities carried by the company (if any)
- Provide the custom code along with the copy of Dubai Custom Code Certificate (if any)
- Indicate names of all GCC countries the company has business relations
- Specify if your company would like to be registered as a tax group number for all the entities or separate tax numbers for each.
- Provide a detailed description of the experience of business for the last 5 years.
As per the Federal Tax Authority, you may also require additional documents or authorization depending on your business activity, the jurisdiction of business and other such factors.
UAE VAT Registration requires businesses to complete the VAT registration form and set up an online account on the FTA website. Companies also are divided on the basis of their annual turnover and mandatory registration threshold are specified accordingly. While registering for VAT on the online portal, the above-mentioned documents can be uploaded, and the procedure can be completed. If you are not sure how to get it done or if you are still unsure about the documents required for VAT registration in Dubai, contact Shuraa Tax Consultants.
Shuraa Tax Consultants is a comprehensive solution for UAE VAT registration services – we provide with documents required for VAT registration in Dubai and across UAE as well as help you through the process of online registration. Our tax consultants ensure that the VAT registration process is easy-to-understand with affordable VAT registration fees. We provide complete guidance in terms of VAT registration online; Tax accounting services; recording you finances; bookkeeping services; VAT registration requirements; etc. For UAE VAT implementation contact Shuraa Tax Consultants right away!