- October 9, 2018
- Posted by: Shuraa Tax Consultant
- Category: Dubai Tax System
Tax Agent is “An agent registered with the Authority, who is appointed by a person to act in his name and on his behalf regarding his tax affairs to represent him before the Authority and assist him in fulfillment of the tax obligations.
The definition and provision related to Tax Agent are clearly defined in Article 12, 13,14,15,16, Chapter 2 of Federal Law Number 7 of 2017 on Tax Procedures.
Tax Agents basically help taxable people to meet the requirements that are set by the government for the tax system. The responsibility of a tax agent is to enable the Company to fulfill the tax compliance effectively.
Benefits of a UAE tax agent are listed below:
- A UAE Tax Agent offers freedom from legal representation, as a Tax Agent will always act and represent the Company legally and be in accordance with the Federal Tax Authority (FTA).
- UAE Tax Agents ensure that the taxable persons are complying their obligations as tax-registered businesses.
- Tax agents represent the taxable Companies by registering the Companies with the FTA. Tax Agent helps in submitting tax returns in a timely manner.
- UAE Tax Agents can be contacted by the taxable entities for tax advice. Tax Agent does not only help through the procedural matters but also guides the Companies to avoid any unforeseen events or fines.
- Tax Agent can also represent foreign companies that do not have their establishment/offices in the UAE. On behalf of the foreign Company, the Tax Agent collects the tax amount from their customers and makes the payments to the Federal Tax Authority (FTA).
- Having a Tax Agent in UAE is also beneficial as they are aware of the latest amendments in the commercial and tax laws. They caution the companies beforehand as well as help to maintain the integrity of the country’s tax system.
- As per Article 16, Chapter 2 of Federal Law Number 7 of 2017 on Tax Procedures, FTA may request for any tax-related information, documents or records related to tax affairs of the Company represented by him. A Tax Agent can assist the taxable entities in case of an inspection by the Authority and provide relevant legal and accounting details to the FTA inspector.
- Having a Tax Agent also eases the communication, follow up with the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) and offers quick solutions.
Need to know more about a tax agent in Dubai or to connect with a tax agent, contact Shuraa Tax Consultants. Call us on +97144081960 / +971505795019. You can also email us your query on firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to www.shuraatax.com for more information.